Know How To Build Your Own Sauna
Hiring a contractor to build your sauna at home can be very expensive. If you refuse to spend a lot of money on a contractor, you can build one yourself! It may not be easy, but it is still definitely doable. In this article, you will learn all the steps you need to know when building a sauna yourself and tips to remember.
Answer these questions first before building your own sauna
Do you know where to buy the needed materials?
There are a lot of stores both online and offline wherein you can buy all the materials that you need. For example, if you are from the UK, you can check out poshh.co.uk/saunas.html. They are the biggest and one of the most trusted sauna materials provider. They are home to a lot of options and high-quality home products.
Are you confident enough that you can finish this project until the end?
This is a very important question to ask yourself because you really have to think this through. Building a sauna on your own will definitely cost you, not just money, but a great deal of time and effort as well. If you are not confident, you can always ask someone for help or you can take the time to save enough money to be able to hire a contractor. Don’t rush this and really consider your resources and options.
What type of sauna do you want to build?
Before starting the construction process, create a very detailed plan that will guide you along the way. You must have a clear understanding of what style you want to have, its functions and the size of the space. Making this decision beforehand will make the process smoother.
Steps to build your own Sauna
This is a simplified list of all the steps you have to take when building your own sauna. Simply follow the following:
- Consult a professional about the lighting fixtures in the sauna room. Follow all the proper lighting requirements and start to install the light, switch, heater wire conduit and the control panel which can be inside or outside the room.
- Next, insulate your room by focusing on the walls and the floor. Use the right materials for proper insulation. You have to remember that insulation is very important for the overall success of your sauna room.
- After you have done the cedar paneling and placing the sauna heater at the center of the wall, carefully mount the sauna heater according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Take note of the do’s and don’ts as mentioned in the manual that the heater came with.
- Afterward, you can now take care of the room’s aesthetic starting with the benches and the door. Go for materials that are easier to work with and won’t be a problem for a really long time.
- Last but definitely not the least, end the construction process by installing trims. This is more of like an optional decision but most people prefer to add trims.