Technologies You Need for Your Small Business
The technologies that a small business needs to have are productive and cost effective. Some of the technologies that a small business needs to keep in mind are computer and the software they are going to use to run their business.
Some of the software applications that a small business needs to keep in mind is as follows:
- You will need an Office Productivity Suite such as Office Small Business 2007. This suite will provide you will your Word processing, spreadsheets, databases and will help you setup E-mail for all your employees, plus much more.
- You will need some accounting software such as Intuit QuickBooks 2008, which will help you keep track of your payroll and allow you to accept credit card transactions and much more.
These are the main software applications/packages that you would most likely need to acquire when you are setting up your small business or even if your business is already setup and you are looking for some better products to help your business grow and prosper. Beside this you can look online for best service provider for these software. There are services that claim “we’ve helped thousands of choose the right crm to grow, manage and monetize” that you can tend to for advice and more recommendations.
Some of the hardware that will be necessary to implement would be some decent computers that are equipped to suit your needs such as follows:
- Computers. Now with computers there isn’t going to be the same plan for everyone, you have to find a computer retailer with the systems that you will need to make your business run effectively. A personal favorite of mine would have to be Dell, they have a lot of really good solutions for small business owners as well as solutions for the large corporations. To generalize, you will need computers that have a minimum system configuration of the following: A good processor (at least a P4), a decent amount of RAM (at least 1Gb for heavy data entry), if your business is sound and video oriented then you will need good sound and video cards such as the Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum sound card and the Nvidia Geforce 8800.
- Good monitors. It doesn’t matter if your business is data or video intensive you should still buy good monitors for ergonomic reasons as well as readability reasons. The monitor you select should be at least 21′, which should be sufficient enough, but may be a little money consuming depending on your budget.
- Ergonomic seating. You should definitely invest in your employees comfort. The more comfortable an employee is the more productive they will be when they are not worrying about how much the hurt due to the insufficient seating.
- Peripherals. You need good printers, fax machines and other types of peripheral hardware when you setup or improve your small business such as: a good all in one printing machine such as the HP Color LaserJet 2840 All-in-One or Brother MFC-9420CN, a good fax system such as the Savinfax 3810 as well as any other peripheral your company might need.