Expert Guide To Win In Tic-Tac-Toe
Have you played Tic-Tac-Toe as kid? Well, it is impossible to say no to this answer because we have all played it at some point in our life, even if not as a kid. You can now play tic tac toe online as well.
Have you ever lost a Tic-Tac-Toe game? Ever wondered if there were some rules or tricks that could help you to either win or draw a match always? Well, if you do not know about it already then let’s break it to you- yes there are such rules and tricks. The great part is we are all set to unveil those winning secrets for you here.
For starters, let’s begin with the rules on how to play the Tic-Tac-Toe game correctly. Here is the list of rules which you should keep in mind while playing the game.
- First Rule: Only two players can play this game. One represents X and other represents O.
- Second Rule: The game is played on a three by three grid. Players place their symbol to claim the segment of the grid.
- Third Rule: First player will begin with X
- Fourth Rule: The players aim to achieve three segments on the grid, be it horizontally or vertically or diagonally.
- Fifth Rule: If a player achieves 3 segments in a row or if none of the players achieve three segments even with all the grids filled, the game is considered to be over.
Guide for winning
Rules are pretty basic and easy to understand. And now it’s time for the tricks that you can use in the Tic-Tac-Toe game. Here is a list of them that will definitely help you win or draw a match every time you play.
- Trick 1: If you are playing first, claim any of the corner segments first instead of the center.
- Trick 2: If you are the second one to play, then always go for the center spot if hasn’t been already claimed by the first player.
- Trick 3: In case the first player claimed the center spot, you must claim a corner spot while playing second.
- Trick 4: You need to make your move strategically. Think about the possibilities before you claim a spot.
- Trick 5: The next moves should focus on blocking, winning or make a set up for winning in the next move.
- Trick 6: If you are a second player, and your opponent strategically claims the center or a corner, your only option is to draw the match.
- Trick 7: If your opponent is not a strategic player, but still claims the center or the corner, then all you got to do is wait for him/her to do make a wrong move. Focus and be sharp and look out for the wrong move.
- Trick 8: If your opponent takes on one of the side segments in his first move, then you have got a chance to force a win. After their first move on the side segment, you must claim the center spot. Till this point, your win will be completely based on your opponent’s next move. If your opponent’s second move is on the same line as the first two, then yours next claim should be the corners. If your opponent fails to block your next move in third turn, then you are the guaranteed winner by the next move.